Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Multi-Bean Slow Cooker Soup


We purchased a variety of dry beans along with some vegetable broth to make some type of multi-bean soup. I found a few recipes but didn't have all the ingredients so I decided to make up my own with random ingredients I had.

Ingredients:
5 cans of vegetable broth
32 oz. of layered beans (6 different types)
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 packet of dry onion soup mix
4 cups sliced mushrooms
2 large kale leaves ripped up
1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained

Step 1: Mix all ingredients except tomatoes in a 5 qt. slow cooker

Step 2: Cover, cook on low setting for 8 hours

Step 3: Stir in tomatoes, set on high and cook for additional 15 minutes

This recipe ended up tasting quite delicious. I paired it with cheesey-garlic biscuits (Red Lobster Style). Sour cream makes a great topping!

No comments:

Post a Comment