Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 2

For day two of my 31 Days of Halloween, I made a spider web candle decoration. This obviously wouldn't be practical to burn with the plastic spiders and spider web material but it looks cool. This is a great idea for a Halloween party or just to decorate your home or office for the holiday!

Supplies Needed (everything came from Dollar Tree):
Candle stick holder
Tall candle
Plastic spider rings
Fake spiderwebs
Mini skulls (or other Halloween themed items)

Step 1: First I cut off the "ring" part of the spider rings
Step 2: Glue the spider rings to the candle stick. At first I used hot glue but was having a little trouble with it. I later switched to Elmer's glue. Neither worked great but got the job done eventually.
Step 3: Stick the candle stick in the holder.
Step 4: Peel apart some spiderweb material and drape over the candle. Some of my spiders started coming off but the spiderweb material held them intact. Since it's just decoration, they don't have to be stuck on too well.
Step 5: I added the little skulls for extra flare. I found a bag of small skulls at the dollar store for only 25 cents!



I think the end result turned out looking pretty cool!



No comments:

Post a Comment