Friday, October 19, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 19


For day nineteen of my 31 Days of Halloween, I made these crazy bloodshot eyeball deviled eggs for a party I"m going to tomorrow. Not only was this my first time making eyeball deviled eggs, it was my first stab at deviled eggs in general. There are lots of recipes out there for deviled eggs, I just made up my own with basic ingredients that included mayo and Dijon mustard.

Ingredients:
18 eggs
3/4 cups mayonnaise
3 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
Sprinkle of sea salt
red and green food coloring
sliced black olives

Step 1: First, to make the hard boiled eggs, I used Lauren Conrad's blog: Odds & Ends: How to Boil an Egg. I went with the second method on the blog post which was baking them. It worked out okay, I think I overcooked them a little but it wasn't too bad. I followed the soaking them in cold water for 10 minutes tip, some were easier to peel than others.

Step 2: Slice the eggs in half vertical and scoop out the yolks into a bowl. Set the bowl aside.

Step 3: Dip a toothpick in red food coloring and draw veins on the eggs.

Step 4: Mix the mayo, mustard and salt in with the yolks and add green food coloring.

Step 5: Scoop the green mixture into the eggs.

Step 6: Add a sliced black olive in the middle of each egg on top of the green mixture.


Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment