Thursday, October 4, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 4

For day three of my 31 Days of Halloween, I wanted to give a Caramel Apple Martini a shot. I've actually found a few different recipes for these so I decided to try two different ones and compare.

Caramel Apple Martini Ingredients:
1 oz vodka
2 oz Sour Apple Schnapps
2 oz Butterscotch Schnapps

Add all ingredients in a shaker and pour into a martini glass.




This one turned out a light green color. It tasted delicious and you could really taste the "caramel" aka Butterscotch Schnapps. It pairs great with caramel candy corn. I even dropped a couple pieces in for extra flair and caramel taste.

Caramel Appletini Ingredients:
1 oz vodka
1 oz Sour Apple Schnapps
1 oz Butterscoth Schnapps
2 oz apple cider

Add all ingredients in a shaker and pour into a martini glass.



This one turned out more of a brownish color due to the apple cider. It is obviously less alcoholic as the 2 oz of cider replace 2 oz of booze. This one tasted much more just like apple, the cider must mask the flavor of the Butterscotch Schnapps. I actually adjusted this recipe slightly from the one I found online, it originally called for 1/2 shot of Butterscoth Schnapps and 3 oz cider.


Both options are tasty but I think I prefer the first one ultimately if I had to choose. Adding an apple slice or caramel chew would be a fun garnish for either!

No comments:

Post a Comment