Thursday, October 18, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 17


For day seventeen of my 31 Days of Halloween, I took an idea I've heard about gummy bears and made it Halloween themed. I've always wanted to try "Drunk Gummy Bears" where you soak gummy bears in vodka. Browsing candy at the dollar store, I came across gummy body parts and gummy skeletons. I thought that would be a great idea to use those for an upcoming Halloween party. I've seen a few different ways to make them but one that looked good recommended soaking the candy for 3 days. Since the party is on Saturday, I got started last night.

Ingredients:
Gummy Candy of your choice (I used gummy body parts and gummy skeletons)
Alcohol of your choice (I used vodka and vanilla vodka)
Glass dish with lid

Since they were both Halloween candy, all the gummys I used were individually wrapped so I had to start by unwrapping each piece. Next I placed the gummy skeletons in a glass bowl, I happened to get Halloween themed Pyrex dishes with no purpose in mind so they ended up being perfect for these. I poured vanilla vodka over the skeletons, you just need to pour until the candy is covered. I then did the same with the body parts but used regular vodka for them. Then I placed both dishes in the fridge. Over the 3 days, the gummys are supposed to absorb all of the alcohol. I will update this post once they are finished!

Drunk Vanilla Gummy Skeletons:

The skeletons came in four colors

Skeletons soaking in vanilla vodka

Drunk Gummy Body Parts:

Gummy Candy Body Parts

The gummy body parts consist of eyeballs, decapitated feet and hearts

The body parts soaking in vodka


No comments:

Post a Comment