Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Sampleicious: Birchox Edition: February Box

I was excited when I got the email that my February Birchbox had shipped. Now that I'm on the fourth month of my membership, I continue to see that each box is full of fun surprises. This month even included a heart shaped nail file as well as some free song downloads, loves it!

Samples Inside:
BLK DNM Perfume 11 
Exude Lipstick
Eye Rock Designer Liner 
LA FRESH® Eco Beauty Acetone-Free Nail Polish Remover

The BLK DNM Perfume 11 is interesting. I just spritzed a little on my wrist when I received it to see what it smelled like. I'm not sure if I like it yet. It is a unisex scent done by a denim company and I think the scent fits that perfectly. Unisex scents are definitely difficult because it's hard to find a scent that fits well on both men and women. I will probably use this sample up but don't see myself buying this bottle anytime soon. Especially for the price, you would have to love it.

This Exude Lipstick is very unique. First of all, the sample is full size which is awesome! The design is also very cool. It looks like a stick of lipstick, but the stick part is clear plastic and the color is inside in more of a gloss form. You twist the bottom and it oozes out for you to apply. I think I've mentioned it in previous blogs but I don't wear enough lipstick or lip gloss to spend too much on one particular tube, this one is $29 so that would fit into too much for me, but I really like this and will definitely use the sample. The fact that Birchbox includes full size items sometimes is awesome because it makes the 10 bucks a month well worth it.

This Eye Rock Designer Liner is another full size sample that was included. I honestly don't know how to feel about this yet. It looks cool on the package but I have no idea how it will look on me. I will update this when I have tried it! It's a little extreme so I need to wait for a fun night to try it.

I love new ideas for nail polish remover. I have used a different brand of wipes before and loved them. These look even better though with the fact that they are acetone-free, which makes them healthier for your nails, and they are biodegradable which makes them eco-friendly! Assuming these work well at removing the polish, I would definitely purchase a box of these!

Like what you see? Join Birchbox today! See also my November & December boxes and my January box.

No comments:

Post a Comment