Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sampleicious: Birchbox Edition: January Box

After the success I had with sampling products in my November and December boxes, I was excited to finally receive my January box in the mail. Along with the samples listed below, they even included a cute Birchbox logo magnet.

Samples Inside:
Juicy Couture - Viva La Juicy - 3.4 oz
stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
BORGHESE CuraForte Moisture Intensifier
Jouer Body Butter
LÄRABAR Mini Bars

I have received the Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy as a free sample from Sephora before. I really like the scent, it's very light and girly. Juicy is also just a fun brand who's products always come in very girly, chic packaging. If you buy the full size bottle it has pretty ribbon and charms on it. It is a pricey perfume but most name brand ones are.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the stila smudge stick waterproof eye liner sample was a tealish color. I was just expecting black. Even if it had been black, I always like to try out new eyeliners, I haven't found one I truly love or even really like aside from Estee Lauder.  But colored eyeliner is also really fun to try out new shades. The sample actually seems like a full size sample. I don't know for sure, it may have less in it or something but from what I can tell it's a full stick. I really like the color and it went on smoothly and stayed throughout the night. I see that all the colors are temporarily sold out on Birchbox.com so it must have been a popular product with everyone. The full size one is $20 which is about normal for a good quality eyeliner. I would definitely consider buying this brand when they get it back in stock that is!

I have not tried the moisture intensifier or the body butter yet. Stay tuned for my reviews.

While it may not be the most appetizing looking snack, Larabars are actually quite tasty. I was familiar with the brand because I know my dad likes them but I had never actually tasted one before. My dad also buys the full size bars, I had never come across mini ones before. I believe the "full-size" option is a variety pack of the minis. The sample I got was Peanut Butter Cookie and it was the perfect snack to tide over my hunger at the time that I tried it. Birchbox describes these as "Each bar has nine ingredients max, and you’ll love the wholesome blends of dried fruits, nuts, and spices. There are no icky additives like high fructose corn syrup, and they’re vegan-friendly too." Other flavors include Blueberry Muffin, Carrot Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. I'd definitely be interested in trying the others in a variety pack for $14.95.


If you like what you see, join Birchbox today!

No comments:

Post a Comment