Monday, January 2, 2012

2012 New Years Resolutions

I'm not generally one to come up with New Years resolutions but I think I need to this year. The past couple months, I've definitely felt more productive in my personal life than I have in a long time. Of course work keeps me busy, but outside of that, I feel like I often just would go home and watch tv for the rest of the night and be utterly and completely lazy. Maybe that's why I've gained 10 lbs this past year instead of getting in shape.

As I've improved these past couple months, I didn't really want to focus on my weight because I know with the holidays comes lots of eating so it seemed a little backwards to start then. But as cliche as it is, there's something about a new year that just calls for a fresh start. So I'd like to start with my most cliche resolution, getting into shape. I'm not going to jump from doing nothing to working out every day and come up with some crazy weight loss goals, I want to be realistic here. I just want to get into a routine of doing some form of physical fitness on a weekly basis. Once I can get that down, then maybe I'll look into things like actually going to the gym!

One of the things I did recently to help me become more productive was actually finish moving into my new apartment. In case you were wondering, I did move back in May but I didn't officially unpack everything until like October or November. Crazy right? But I finally got pictures hung on the walls, boxes unpacked, etc. I also was able to get out all my Christmas decorations at the beginning of December so I could actually enjoy them for a month. Now I just need to get them put away in a similar timely fashion. This leads into my next resolution, keeping the apartment cleaned and organized. I've accepted that I'm always going to be a clutter and nick knack kind of person. I'm never going to have the kind of living space that looks perfect. I do however like to walk around and not step on things or see wrinkled piles of clean clothes all over the bedroom. I want to make a resolution to keep up with a daily cleaning chart, clean one room a day, just basic things like dusting and picking up, so that my apartment never gets horrendous again.

While it wasn't an official New Years resolution, I had a goal a couple years ago to blog more. I had 7 blog posts in 2009, 21 in 2010, and 96 in 2011. I'd say I'm definitely improving. Since I've already reached this "goal," my next resolution is to maintain blogging by continuing to try new crafts, recipes, samples, etc.

Speaking of crafts and recipes, my next resolution is to continue to try new ones. I had so much fun doing my  25 Days of Christmas challenge, I hope to keep up with random recipes and crafts throughout the year as well as more holiday themed ones for each season! The recipe resolution can also tie into my healthier life style one. I'd like to experiment more with cooking and hopefully tie in some more healthier habits along the way.

I could go on and on with more goals and resolutions I have for myself but I don't want to come up with some crazy un-ubtainable list. So here's my official 2012 New Years Resolutions:

1) Healthier Lifestyle: Physical fitness and eating healthier in general
2) Keeping up with cleaning/housework/organization
3) Continuing to blog more often
4) Keep trying new crafts and recipes!

I think it's a nice little list. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress! I think I'll start with number 2 by putting away Christmas decorations and organizing all my Christmas gifts that are just laying around everywhere. Happy 2012!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment