Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Porkslap Beer Bread


A while ago I purchased this beer bread mix from a Partylite party that my cousin hosted. I thought it's be fun to try it with a unique beer. While Porkslap definitely has a unique name and logo, it's not the most unique tasting beer but it had to do. I wanted some bread to go with my black bean chili with cilantro and Porkslap was the beer I had in my fridge.

I was pleasantly surprised at how easy this was to make. All you do is pour the beer in the bread mix (any 12 oz beer works) and stir it up until it's mixed evenly. Next you spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and pour the mixture in. It's optional but you can also melt 3 tablespoons of butter and pour it on top of the mixture which I opted to do.

Next you pop it in the oven that you preheat to 375 and bake for about 45 minutes. Finally you take it out of the pan and cool on a wire rack.

Even though Porkslap wasn't my first choice for a beer to mix in the bread, it made a quite tasty bread. Because this is so easy, I'd love to buy more of the mix and experiment with more beers. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment