Tuesday, February 7, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 7

For day seven of my 14 Days of Valentines, I put my collection of wine corks to work by making them into a heart wreath. I started by placing the corks on a foam heart to get the idea of what shape I wanted.

Wine Cork Heart Wreath

Once I was satisfied with the look, I heated up my glue gun. I started by adding a line of hot glue on the side of one of the corks and attached it to another cork. I did this as I followed the pattern until I had a heart! I also made sure all the wine sides were facing up, this gives your heart a little purple color. I thought about adding ribbon but I love the simplicity of just the corks in a heart shape.

It makes a great mini wreath for your door or a fun wall decoration. If you have enough corks you could also fill it in and make a fun trivet.

No comments:

Post a Comment