Monday, February 20, 2012

7 Days of Mardi Gras: Day 6

For day six of my 7 Days of Mardi Gras, I decided that we needed some food to go with those hurricanes. Thanks to a coupon and a sale, I had some Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage that I needed to find something to do with it. I decided to cook it up in a skillet with some fresh veggies that I had in my fridge. I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on top and paired it with some rice to make my own version of a jambalaya. I was totally experimenting so I wasn't sure how it would taste but Gary and I both thought it was quite good.

Smoked Sausage Jambalaya


Smoked Sausage Jambalaya Ingredients: 
1 package of Hillshire Farm smoked sausage
2 cups of multi-grain rice
A sprinkle of cayenne pepper
A variety of chopped veggies: I used celery, carrots, tomatoes and bell peppers 

Step 1: Start cooking the rice according to the instructions on the box. Rice usually takes about 30 minutes so you should start with that first.

Step 2: While the rice cooks, slice the sausage and put in a skillet sprayed with Pam or other cooking spray.

Step 3: Slice up your veggies and add them to the pan as you cook the sausage. Sprinkle cayenne pepper over the entire skillet.

Step 4: Once your rice is cooked and your sausage and veggies are browned, mix it all together on your plate! Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment