Monday, February 27, 2012

Pink Tea Sangria

I found a recipe on Pinterest for a Red Tea Sangria. I thought it would be fun to make as a "Red Carpet" drink for my Oscars get together. Unfortunately I had a little trouble finding red tea bags last minute. I only went to two different places, Acme and TJ Maxx, but no luck. I did however find a box of pink tea, so I decided to give it a try. The recipe also called for Rose wine which I thought I had but then realized it was White Zinfandel instead. It also called for only 2 cups of wine, I used the whole bottle. So this isn't quite the Red Tea Sangria recipe I was aiming for but I ended up creating my own Pink Tea Sangria recipe. The pink tea was quite good so I would definitely use that again however the White Zin made it too sweet so I'd definitely opt for the Rose next time. Again I forgot to get a picture of the final result, but I have a few pictures of the process.

Pink Tea Sangria

Ingredients:
36 oz water
4 Pink Tea bags (or red tea or other similar flavor)
1 juicy lemon, quartered and seeded
1 juicy orange, quartered and seeded 
1 cup of sugar
2 tart apples, chopped
1 small bunch of red grapes, halved
1 bottle of White Zinfandel wine (or Blush or Rose)


Step 1: Start by putting 36 oz of water to boil.

Step 2: While the water is heating up, slice up your lemon and orange and remove the seeds. Squeeze the juice from the slices of both into your bowl or pitcher. Toss in the slices as well. Add 1 cup of sugar. Stir and muddle the fruit juice and sugar together well.

Step 3: Once the water is boiling, add tea bags and let steep for 6 minutes.

Step 4: While the tea is steeping, chop up the apples and cut the grapes in half.

Step 5: After 6 minutes, discard the tea bags and add the tea to the citrus sugar mix. Add the wine and chopped fruit.

Step 6: Let chill for a couple hours and serve with spoonfuls of fruit in each glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment