Saturday, February 4, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 3

For day three of my 14 Days of Valentines, I decided to try out a V-Day themed cocktail. I have been looking for a recipe to use some more of my Godiva White Chocolate liqueur since making my Winter Wonderland Martini for my 25 Days of Christmas Challenge. I came across this Cloud Nine Martini recipe on Pinterest and it sounded like a good idea to try!

Cloud Nine Martini

Cloud Nine Martini (Serves 2)

Ingredients:
6 ounces Godiva White Chocolate liqueur
2 ounces Pinnacle Whipped Cream vodka


Instructions:
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Pour ingredients into the cocktail shaker, and shake for 20 seconds.
Strain and serve into martini glasses.

For added flare you can rim your martini glass with red or pink sugar and add some heart sprinkles. Wet the rim of the glass by dipping your finger in a small pour of the Pinacle Whipped and rub it around the edge of the glass. Then pour some colored sugar on a plate and roll the rim on the glass around in the sugar until it's coated.

I own two different kinds of martini glasses. I tested how it looked in both. I think the red glass with pink rimming sugar looks more Valentine's Day like. The pink rimming sugar on the glass with the green handle looks more Spring-ish and if I had used red rimming sugar on the green glass it would have been Christmas colored. Also, I tossed a few heart sprinkles in and most of them sank. One resurfaced which looked cute. This martini is delicious and I think I even like it better than the Winter Wonderland one I tried for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment