Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Roasted Salmon with White-Wine Sauce

I found this recipe on Pinterest, it was pinned from Martha Stewart's website. I had some salmon in the freezer and decided to give this recipe a try. You can see the original recipe here or just read below. I paired mine with grilled asparagus (grilled on a George Foreman with olive oil, salt and pepper) and whole grain brown rice.

Roasted Salmon with White-Wine Sauce

Ingredients:1 large skinless salmon fillet (1 1/2 pounds)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 cup dry white wine (I used white cooking wine)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives (I didn't have fresh ones so I used chives from my spice rack)


Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place salmon on a rimmed baking sheet; season with salt. Roast until opaque throughout, about 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium. Add flour, and cook, whisking, 1 minute. Add wine, and bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, and cook until liquid is reduced by half, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in chives; season with salt and pepper. With a fork, gently break salmon into large chunks, and serve topped with white-wine sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment