Tuesday, February 14, 2012

14 Days of Valentines: Day 14: Happy Valentine's Day!

For the final day of my 14 Days of Valentines, I decided to make a cupcake toppings bar for my co-workers. A cupcake toppings bar consists of a selection of iced cupcakes and then you have choices of different toppings. A muffin tin with cupcake liners is the perfect way to display the toppings.

Valentine's Cupcake Toppings Bar

For the toppings, I tried to choose V-Day candy. I went with heart shaped strawberry marshmallows, V-Day peanut butter M&Ms, red and pink sugar crystals, mini V-Day colored candy coated chocolates, conversation hearts, coconut, and pink candy corn.

For the cupcakes, I baked strawberry ones, I thought their pink color was fitting for the holiday. I then iced 12 with white icing and 12 with chocolate icing. I used heart cupcake liners that came with little heart toothpick cupcake toppers.

Valentine's CupcakesValentine's Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment