Thursday, April 5, 2012

Eight Days of Easter: Day 5

For day five of my Eight Days of Easter: Peeps Edition, I decided to experiment with candy and vodka again. Back in December during my 25 Days of Christmas, I made Candy Cane Vodka and it turned out quite tasty so ever since then I have been wanting to try it with other kinds of candy.


For the candy cane vodka I needed to soak the candy canes in vodka for 2 days. Today will equal 1 day for my Peeps vodka so I am going to give it another day and see how it turns out. To make Peeps vodka, I put 4 pink bunny Peeps in a mason jar, poured vodka over them and sealed up the jar.

Above is what it looks like right after pouring the vodka over the Peeps. Below is what it looks like after a day. The Peeps are still not dissolved but it looks like they are starting to a little bit. It may take longer than two days.

UPDATE: After 4 days most of the marshmallow is finally dissolved. I gave it a few good shakes to take it from looking like the picture above to the one bellow. The little brown eyes from the Peeps are floating in the vodka and there is still a foamy marshmallow head on it but other than that the Peeps are mostly dissolved. I attached one of the Peep Pops from Day 1 to decorate the jar. I haven't tried the vodka yet, I want to give it a couple more days to see if the marshmallow will completely dissolve.

Final Update: The Peep Vodka didn't turn out like I had hoped. It really didn't have much flavor to it. It basically just tasted like regular vodka, maybe a hint of Peep. I think if one of the companies like Three Olives or Pinnacle took on the task, they could make a tasty Peep Vodka but for the homemade version, this didn't turn out like my Candy Cane Vodka did.

No comments:

Post a Comment