Thursday, April 19, 2012

Photo Diary: This is Summer...except that it isn't!

The weather has been so back and  forth lately but there have definitely been some days that have been close to 90 degrees which makes it feel so much like Summer! Here is a mini photo diary of some things I've been up to lately. With warm weather like this it makes me want to be out and about as much as possible!

Triumph Brewery

Recently I completed the Triumph Brewery trifecta. Triumph has 3 locations, Princeton, Philadelphia and New Hope. Over the past few months I managed to make it to all 3 locations and try a sampler at each. They all had different beers which made it exciting to try different options. If you haven't been, I definitely recommend it. Each location is unique in it's own way, not just with the different beers but with the area they're located in and the design of the buildings.

Chloe on the rocks

Chloe loves going on walks, and when the weather is nice, I love taking her! We live in a nice apartment complex that has a great area to walk around in. I like to call this photo "Chloe On the Rocks."

cherry blossoms

Another favorite thing of mine about warm weather is when all of the blossoms start to bloom. Gorgeous!

Even though I work in baseball and spend most of my time at a ballpark, I still like to visit as many other stadiums as possible on my nights off. It was actually a pretty chilly night at Citizens Banks park but I was prepared with a hat, scarf and gloves!

Fire Pit

After the Phillies game, my friend and I checked out the new Xfinity Live complex which is in the sports complex, right by the Phililes, Flyers, 76ers and Eagles homes. This place is incredible. It's made up of multiple bars and restaurants including a Victory Beer Hall with live bands, PBR Bar and Grill which has a mechanical bull, and Broad Street Bullies Pub which has multiple tvs for sports viewing pleasure. My favorite part about Xfinity Live was the outdoor patio complete with a fire pit.

Red Velvet Pancakes

Have you heard? IHOP now has red velvet pancakes. I made it there as soon as I heard! My meal was even free because I joined their e-club, the Pancake Revolution, which includes a free meal for your birthday! Yes they are as good as they look! I would get these again in a heartbeat.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere

If you follow my blog you know that I love to be themed. Right now I'm in a lull between holidays. After Easter, there isn't really much going on until we can be patriotic for Memorial Day. Then after that, it's a break until another patriotic day: 4th of July. Then it's a big break until Labor Day and then Halloween. Anyways, the point of all of that is to say right now it's time to be spring and summer themed! Think flowers, the beach, etc. I found this sign at the dollar store and thought it was perfect to hang on my door for the summer!

adirondack chairs from Target

When I see this picture I think, THIS IS SUMMER! I love the look of adirondack chairs, they just scream beach and summer to me. I love to sit outside and read when it's nice out so I needed to get Gary and I chairs so we can do this more often. Of course living in an apartment complex we can't leave them outside so it would have made more sense to get fold up ones, but I just love these too much. Plus, they were on sale at Target, you can't beat that!

love these shoes

I originally found these shoes on Pinterest and fell in love. They are like my dream shoe so I had to get them. I finally had a day off, got a pedicure and was ready to show them off!

carribbean salad from Chilis

Finally, I had a coupon, buy one get one free lunch entree at Chili's, so Gary and I decided to go there for lunch on my day off. We both decided to get salads and I was very pleased with my choice. I know salads with fruit in them are very popular, especially around this time of year. I got a Carribean Salad with grilled shrimp, fresh pineapple, mandarin oranges, dried cherries, green onions, cilantro, sesame seeds and honey-lime dressing. If you don't like shrimp, the salad also has a choice of grilled chicken.


No comments:

Post a Comment