Saturday, April 7, 2012

Eight Days of Easter: Day 7

I've been doing a Peeps Edition of Eight Days of Easter by experimenting with different projects you can do with the classic Easter treat: Peeps. For day seven, I decided to make some homemade Peeps. Basically all a Peep is is a marshmallow covered in sugar that just happens to be in a holiday shape. The original and most classic are chicks and bunnies for Easter but now Peeps makes everything from ghosts to Christmas trees. A homemade Peep takes the concept of a Peep and simplifies it down to the marshmallow and the sugar.


Ingredients:
Large marshmallows
Sticks
Water
Colored Sugar

Simply take the large marshmallows and put them on lollipop sticks. Next dip them in a cup or bowl of water. Dab on a paper towel if needed. Then sprinkle colored sugar over top or dip in a bowl of colored sugar. For Easter it's fun to use Spring colors such as Yellow, Pink, Purple, Green, Blue, Orange, etc. I used the four colors that I had sugar crystals in. I also had red and black but those colors aren't very Easter or Springy. I used my cake pop trays to let them dry, you could also use a Styrofoam block.



No comments:

Post a Comment