Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sampleicious: Birchbox Edition: April Box

April Birchbox

I am very excited about the products in my April Birchbox. The theme seems to be natural products which I love. I haven't officially tried any of the samples yet but I'm excited to dig in! They're all samples of products that I'd be willing to switch if I found the right one.

List of products:
Befine Exfoliating Cleanser
Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15
Lulu Organics® Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder
Yes To™ Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes
Zoya TRUE Spring Collection
Wonderstruck Taylor Swift 3.4 oz

First up was a box of Befine products. At first I didn't know what to expect but the cover of the box had bright colorful fruits on it so I was definitely intrigued. Inside were three samples of the Befine Exfoliating Cleanser and two samples of Befine Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15.

The exfoliating cleanser is made with brown sugar, sweet almond and oats. Not only does this cleanser slough away dead skin cells, it also soothes and hyrdates skin. I can't wait to try it out, I'm always looking for the next best thing in cleansers, especially exfoliating ones. At $25 a bottle, it's not too pricey if I end up liking it, I may have to pick up a bottle at some point.

A while back, I did a blog series on The Search for the Perfect Moisturizer and I honestly never really found it. I found ones I liked, but didn't really fall in love with any that had an SPF which I think is crucial. Most of the SPF ones were too "sunscreeny" which meant had a strong sunscreen odor or a thick texture. For a daily moisturizer, I'd like something lighter with no scent or a very pleasant one that still protects. We'll see if this one has what it takes, and like the exfoliating cleanser, it's not too expensive at only $25 a bottle.

I am very excited to try Lulu Organics Lavender Hair Powder. I am obsessed with dry shampoos. I've always heard it's healthy to skip days when washing your hair but I never felt comfortable doing it until I tried dry shampoo. They help revitalize roots and absorb oil which is key. I can't wait to try this one, being organic and having a lavender scent make it unique to most of the other dry shampoo products I've seen out there.

This is yet another product that I'm always looking for the next best thing in. Cleansing facial towelettes are the perfect beauty product to keep handy. The sample and the full size product of these come in a perfect size pouch that you can carry in your purse or pack in your travel bag. Not only do they cleanse skin and remove makeup, they moisturize too. And at $7.99 for 30, I can definitely see myself picking up these baby blues.

Pastels are very in this Spring which makes the Zoya True Spring Collection the perfect beauty accessory to your spring wardrobe.  I received a turquoise color that is gorgeous. I can't wait to try it on! The collection also features some pretty shades of purple and beige.

I actually got a free sample of Wonderstruck a while ago through Taylor's Facebook page. Unfortunately it was only one of those wipe samples that you can only use once. I was thrilled to get this little tube which I can make last much longer. I'm totally in love with this scent and it is one of the first scents in a while that I would totally love a full bottle of.

Like what you see? Click here to join Birchbox today and get your own sample boxes each month.



No comments:

Post a Comment