Monday, April 30, 2012

Creative Cocktails: Ruby Tuesdays

Having a fully stocked bar would be like having the mega pack of every color Crayola crayon. Cocktails are just another avenue that people can get their creative juices flowing, this time in a more literal sense of the term. Especially nowadays, there are so many different kinds of liquor out there including all the flavored vodkas and liqueurs, the options are limitless. Whenever I'm at a restaurant or bar, I'm not usually tempted by the classics but more so am curious to try new and different things.

Recently I was at a Ruby Tuesdays and came across a Lavender Pear Martini. It was made with Absolute Pear vodka and was infused with lavender. The drink was served a light yellow color and as you seeped the lavender in the drink, it turned purple. How cool is that?

Lavender Pear Martini

I think this cocktail would make the perfect signature drink at a bridal shower. Lavender just seems so elegant and girly. I also recently found Lavender Cupcakes with Honey Frosting on Pinterest that just might pair perfectly with this martini. 

I plan to start sharing some unique drinks I try at various restaurants on a new series on my blog called "Creative Cocktails." Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment