Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Days of Tacos and Tequila: Day 1

Margarita shot in a lime

To celebrate Cinco De Mayo, I'm doing 5 Days of Tacos and Tequila. For day one I went for a fun twist on a classic cocktail: Margarita Shots served in a lime!

To make these, first cut a lime in half length wise. Then scoop out the lime pulp, I used a grapefruit spoon. Next, dip the rim in salt just like you would salt the rim of a glass. Next mix the shot ingredients together in a cocktail shaker over ice and pour into the lime halves. The recipe below would fill about 8-10 lime halves. For added flare, cut up straws to make mini straws. They look super cute in the limes.  

Margarita shot in a lime

Margarita Shot Ingredients:
1 1/2 oz. of margarita mix (I used Margaritaville Margarita Mix)
1 oz gold tequila (I used Don Sergio)
1/2 oz of Grand Marnier

 This recipe is delicious and the limes make a super fun way to serve them. These are perfect for a Cinco De Mayo party or any type of fiesta!

1 comment:

  1. so fun. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete