Wednesday, May 2, 2012

5 Days of Tacos and Tequila: Day 2

Taco Pops

Since I went for the tequila aspect of my 5 Days of Tacos and Tequila for day one, I decided to go the taco route for day two. Instead of a classic taco, I wanted to give Taco Pops a try. I originally found the recipe on Tablespoon and thought it looked fun and simple.

Ingredients:
Ground Beef
1 can of crescent rolls
1 packet of taco seasoning (I used Old El Passo original)

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.


To start off, you need to brown the ground beef. After you drain it, add in the taco seasoning along with 2/3 cup water. Simmer for 4 minutes while stirring.

Once the beef is done, set it aside and spread out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet. Pinch together the perforated lines. Then use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into individual squares. Add a spoonful of beef to each square.

Next, pinch the edges of the dough around the beef and roll to make a smooth ball. Arrange them on the baking sheet and pop into the oven for 10 minutes. Once they are golden brown, place on a wire rack to cool.

Once they have cooled for a few minutes, place a stick in each one and you have Taco Pops!

Taco Pops

Serve with salsa, guacamole and sour cream. You can dip the pops in the toppings or spoon them on top of the pop.

Taco Pops and dips

I must say, these were absolutely fabulous! They're super simple to make and super delicious. I definitely recommend these for a great party snack or a fun dinner. Wash them down with a delicious margarita.

No comments:

Post a Comment