Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 Days of Tacos and Tequila: Day 3

Frozen Corona-rita

For day three of my 5 Days of Tacos and Tequila, I experimented with a new margarita recipe: a frozen Corona-rita. My original plan was to try and make Corona Popsicles. Unfortunately, I tried to use a dollar store popsicle tray and the mold didn't quite work out. Then I had to decide what to do with a tray of frozen Corona and the idea of Frozen Corona-ritas was born.

Ingredients:
7 oz of frozen Corona (pour a 7 oz frozen Corona into ice trays or popsicle molds)
1 1/2 oz tequila
Squeeze of lime juice

Start by pouring a 7 oz bottle of Corona into an ice tray or popsicle mold. Once frozen, dump the frozen blocks or cubes of Corona into the blender. Add 1 1/2 oz of tequila and a squeeze of lime juice. Blend together and garnish with a lime slice. This recipe is a fun refreshing twist on a normal margarita. If you use a 12 oz Corona, double the tequila to 3 oz.



No comments:

Post a Comment