Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eight Days of Easter: Day 3

For day three of my Eight Days of Easter: Peeps Edition, I wanted to make a favorite of mine, a Peep-tini!


Honestly a Peep-tini is any kind of martini with a Peep in it. I like using the chicks for this but you could use the bunnies too. I originally discovered Peep-tinis on the show The Girls Next Door. They were enjoying them during an Easter egg painting party. I first made my own Peep-tini in college with a recipe called a Blue Mother*****. I then had them at an Easter egg dying party with some girls from work. I used Smirnoff pre-made Cosmopolitan drinks with pink chick Peeps. This time I decided to make a new favorite recipe of mine, Electric Lemonade made with Idol Vodka which is a wine flavored vodka. The drink is blue, I thought about using blue Peeps to match the drink but I decided to rim the martini glass with yellow sugar and go with a classic yellow Peep. Below is the recipe for the Electric Lemonade.

Ingredients:
2 oz Idol Vodka
2 oz lemonade
1/2 oz Blue Curacao

Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and shake. Rim martini glass with sugar, strain into martini glass, and garnish with a Peep! For a non Easter version, garnish with a lemon wedge.


No comments:

Post a Comment