Thursday, March 29, 2012

Top Ten: Music Videos

Last week I did a post of my favorite TV and Movie Proposals. I had so much fun with it I decided to make another list. This time I wanted to do my favorite music videos of all time. It doesn't necessarily mean these are my favorite songs, just what I think is the best depiction of that song based on the video or just a cool video in general. Most of my choices are older videos because I honestly am not sure what the last new music video I've seen is. These are in no particular order.

1. "Coffee and TV" by Blur
This is one of those ones where the song is okay but I absolutely love the video. The milk carton is adorable and I love the adventure he goes on. The ending is the best.



2. "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter
I love this song and I think the video is the perfect depiction of the lyrics. This is one of those videos that you can't help but smile at when you watch it. I love everything about it!



3. "Someday" by Nickelback
I'm not a big Nickelback fan but I've always liked this one song. I think the video is amazing and has a unique twist to it.



4. "Untitled" by Simple Plan
This video is pure genius. It's a fantastic song and the way the video is done is perfect. It gives me chills every time. The best is when the cars hit in slow motion and the family is thrown about in the house instead. Pierre in the rain isn't bad either.



5. "Quit Playing Games With My Heart" by the Backstreet Boys
Speaking of hot boys in the rain, the Backstreet Boys will always have a place in my heart. This video was a favorite of mine during my boy band phase and let's face it, I still love these boys soaking wet.



6. "Mr. Brightside" by the Killers
This is a great song and they did an amazing job with the costumes and telling a story in the video.



7. "Alcohol" by Brad Paisley
Being a big country fan, I had to include a couple country videos on my list. I love Brad's light-hearted comical songs and this is one of the best. The song has so much truth in it yet it's fun and playful. The way the video is done is very unique. My favorite part about the music video is the lampshade guy!



8. "Kerosene" by Miranda Lambert
The way Miranda does this video is perfect. It's simple yet makes a big statement about what the lyrics of the song are saying. To top it off she looks fantastic in the video!



9. "We Belong Together" by Gavin DeGraw
I also wanted to include a soundtrack music video on here as well. One of my favorite movies is Tristan and Isolde. I think this song was the perfect fit for the movie and the clips that they show from the movie in the music video tie in nicely. I always love watching this video on the dvd extras.



10. "I Don't Dance" - High School Musical 2
I don't know if this really counts as a music video, but this clip from High School Musical 2 is fantastic. It's mixing baseball and musicals, two of my favorite things! Disney Channel also did a cute shortened version of this using actual MLB players which I thought was amazing. Below is the MLB version and then below that is the full version from the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment