Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring is in the air: Wedding Proposals

Spring is in the air! Spring is a big time of year for weddings, not sure if it's a big time for the actual proposals as well but let's pretend that it is. I wanted to share my Top 10 favorite wedding proposals from TV and Movies. Below is my list in no particular order.

1. Gilmore Girls: A Thousand Yellow Daisies: One of my all time favorite proposals would have to be on one of my favorite shows, Gilmore Girls. When Max proposes to Loreli with a thousand yellow daisies, it's definitely one of the most romantic things ever. Part of my love for this probably stems from my love for daisies, but I just love everything about it.

2. Friends: Monica and Chandler: With Friends being another one of my favorite shows, this proposal is so touching because of how well you know the characters. I love it because they're both so honest and heartfelt and you can really tell they belong together.

3. The Wedding Singer: Grow Old With You: If you know me, you know I'm a sucker for musicals. While the whole movie wasn't a musical, the most romantic part of it was a fantastic song. "Grow Old with You" is romantic in a silly way which is totally my style. Loves it!

4. Love Actually: Just in Cases: This proposal tugs at all kinds of heart strings. It goes to show that it's now about what you say but how you say it. These two fell in love without even speaking the same language and they both went home and learned each other's.

5. Sweet Home Alabama: Tiffany's: Obviously you have to have some serious dough to pull off a proposal like this one but it will always remain one of my favorites. I couldn't find the actual clip on YouTube but the trailer has the gist of the proposal in it.

6. The Prince and Me: Butterfly: I couldn't find a clip of this or even a picture so I guess you'll just have to go watch the movie! I always loved when Prince Edward proposed to Paige with a beautiful butterfly on top of the ring and it fluttered away. Super romantic. I think anything with balloons, glitter, confetti or bubbles would make me happy, I love the look of pretty things floating away.

7. While You Were Sleeping: Token Booth Style: Cute and clever. I love when he puts the ring into the token booth and when she looks up, the whole family is pressed up against the glass. Surprises are key to a romantic proposal.

8. Serendipity: Candles, Rose Petals and Boxes: This is an amazing proposal. The rose petals and candle light made the perfect setting and the multiple boxes to finally get to the ring was a fantastic idea. Super creative and super romantic.

9. Jim and Pam: Meant to Be: Jim and Pam are one of those TV couples where their whole relationship is what ultimately makes their proposal so special. So even though I couldn't find a clip of just the proposal, if you click on the link it takes you through a short montage of their relationship ending with the actual proposal. Jim also "Fake Proposaled" Pam once. I might kill a guy if he did that to me but it fit Jim's personality and their relationship pretty well.

10. Glee: We Found Love: I love everything about this from the roses to the synchronized swimming to the song! I also love that Mr. Schu dives into the pool fully dressed in a tux!


BONUS #11: The New Normal: David's Proposal: After seeing this I just simply had to add it to my list of favorite proposals. It is so heartwarming and perfect with the candles, flowers and of course the baby! If you haven't watched this show yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. You won't regret it.

I'm sure there are a few gems I'm not thinking of. What do you think is the best proposal Hollywood has created? Spring totally has me in a Rom Com mood so stay tuned for more Top 10 lists including Best Kissing Scenes, Best Wedding Scenes, Best Dates, and whatever else I feel like making a list of!

No comments:

Post a Comment