Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy First Day of Spring!

What are you going to do to celebrate the first day of Spring? I plan to take my dog for a walk in this beautiful weather and go pick up a free Rita's Water Ice. *UPDATE* Chloe and I took a walk to Rita's (I believe it's about a mile to a mile and a half away from our apartment), we left a little later than planned but made it. Then we had to wait in line for about an hour. After enjoying our treats, we had to walk home in the dark but it was good exercise! I enjoyed a Strawberry Margarita flavored water ice while Chloe got her usual Doggie Delight, and the best part is, both were FREE! Thanks Rita's for doing this every Spring!


The National Cherry Blossom Festival also kicks off. I'm hoping to get a peak of my favorite blossoms when I drive through DC going back to Virginia within the next couple weekends. Speaking of Cherry Blossoms, I saw this post on TY KU Sake & Spirits' Facebook with some fun Cherry Blossom themed drink recipes. I wish I had a bottle of the silver sake to make these. I wanted to go ahead and post it so I could remember the recipes for future reference even though I'm not making them myself right now.



What other fun Spring themed things are people doing to celebrate the new season? Spring Cleaning anyone? I certainly need to get a move on that as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment