Monday, March 26, 2012

Roasted Lemon Garlic Herb Shrimp


Ingredients:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 a lemon zested and then cut into wedges (you can use a whole lemon but I only had a half in my fridge so I went with that)
3-4 fresh thyme sprigs (or a generous sprinkling of dried thyme which is what I went with)
sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste
spaghetti, pasta, couscous or rice for serving (I used orzo)
2 tablespoons of butter
1 pound fresh shrimp, medium sized, de-veined with tails off
5 cloves garlic, minced

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Next prepare all of your ingredients such as zesting and slicing the lemon and mincing the garlic so it will be ready to add when the time comes.

Step 2: Combine olive oil, lemon zest and thyme in a glass baking pan. Make sure the olive oil covers the bottom of the pan, if not, drizzle a little more.Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Put in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. Make sure to check on it every few minutes, if it starts turning brown take it out. I left mine in for 10 minutes exactly.

Step 3: While that is in the oven, cook up your pasta, rice or couscous. I decided to go with orzo. Follow the instructions on the box. When done, mix with butter or olive oil.

Step 4: Remove pan from oven and add butter. Move it around in the pan until melted. Add shrimp, garlic and lemon wedges (don't squeeze), toss to coat with oil mixture. Put back in the oven for 8-10 minutes.

Step 5: Pour mixture over orzo to serve. Squeeze the lemon juice from the lemons over the individual servings and sprinkle some additional thyme on top.

This was pretty good. If I make it again I'd add some green vegetables to it, most likely some fresh asparagus! It pairs well with white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment