Monday, March 19, 2012

7 Days of Shamrocks: Day 5

Welcome back to my 7 Days of Shamrocks after my brief hiatus! I plan to post a blog all about my weekend, I hope everyone else had a fantastic St. Patty's Day as well and hopefully people are continuing to celebrate their inner Irish desires through next weekend making my final 3 posts relevant still. For day five, I used the last Guinness in my fridge to make a dip that would pair perfectly with with my Shamrock Crisps. So even if you're done celebrating, if you have some Guinness in the fridge, you can make this dip. It also goes great with crackers or pretzels.



 Guinness and Cheddar Dip
Ingredients:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 and 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons half-and-half
1/4 cup Guinness
2 or 3 scallions, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Step 1: In the bowl of your blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, mustard, and half-and-half.  Pulse until smooth.  (I don't own a food processor so I had to use my blender, it was a little difficult to get smooth with all the cheese but I was eventually able to make it work. I recommend using the food processor if you have one.)

Step 2: With the food processor running, slowly pour the Guinness down the feeder and blend until combined.

Step 3: Add the scallions, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper (to taste).  Blend until thoroughly mixed.

Step 4: Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill at least for one hour prior to serving.


This dip was amazing. While the  Guinness gives it that St. Patty's day theme, Guinness is sold year round so keep this is mind for your next get together if you're looking for a tasty dip to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment