Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Sampleicious: Birchox Edition: March Teen Vogue Box

It's possible that the first thing you're going to think when you read this is that I'm not a teen. Very true. Birchbox sent out an email a while ago giving a choice of the Teen Vogue Beauty Picks Box or the regular March box. I was totally torn! They even said in the email, even if you're not a teen, you can still enjoy the products in the box. I decided to go for it, all the time wondering if I would regret not getting the regular box.

Anyways, the decision was made, I received my box, and here's what I got. As you can see above, a Teen Vogue subscription discount was included, however, I will not be taking advantage of that. While their beauty picks are for all ages, I'll leave the actual magazine for the teens.

Here are the samples in my box this month:

Annick Goutal Petite Cherie
essie® Luxeffects Nail Polish
PETER THOMAS ROTH Max Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel
tarte LipSurgence™ lip tint
Twistband Hair Ties
Also, a bonus MODCLOTH coupon!

Perfume samples are always fun to receive. I think I once read that it's good to switch up your perfume and body spray on a daily basis, otherwise you get immune to the smell. Samples are definitely giving me the opportunity to do that. Also, a tiny sample like this can last a long time because you only need a few drops. I haven't smelled this yet but the website describes it as fruity and musky, clean and sweet. I'll update when I take a whiff.

If you know me, you know I can't resist something that sparkles. This essie Luxeffects Nail Polish fits that bill. I received Blingy Silver in my box. I can't wait to try it out solo or layered with a fun color. The other colors sold look awesome too, the red reminds me of Dorothy's slippers and the yellow shimmers like the yellow brick road.

Again, I'll update after I try out this Mac Anti-Shine Mattifying Gel. The website says to use on clean skin or over moisturizer, sunblock, foundation, etc. Anything that helps with shine is okay in my book though!

Again you gotta love full size samples. This tarte LipSurgence lip tint is a great product. I actually purchased a bring pink color of this once from Sephora. I believe it got a little melty though and got ruined. Be careful keeping your lipsticks in hot places. The color I got in my box is unique and I can't wait to see what it looks like on.

I need to add a picture of the twist band hair tie. I didn't realize it was actually a product in my box. I just thought it was a random ribbon that fell off of something. If you click on the link above you can see how I got confused. Especially since Birchbox products always come wrapped up in colored tissue paper and ribbons. I'm always looking for a better kind of hair tie so now that I know this is in my box, I'm excited to go home and give it a try. The 12 pack sold out quick on the site so it must be good!

Finally, my coupon to ModCloth. I love all the dresses on their website but only $10 off $75 isn't a great deal if you don't have room in your budget for a new wardrobe right now! Not sure if I'll end up getting to use it before it expires.

No comments:

Post a Comment