Tuesday, March 20, 2012

7 Days of Shamrocks: Day 6

For day six of my 7 Days of Shamrocks, I wanted to try out a super cute marshmallow pop I found on Pinterest. They look like mini green beer mugs, perfect for St. Patty's Day!


I received some cake pop supplies for Christmas including a kit, maker and book from my mom and cousin. I guess this is my first attempt at a version of cake pops except instead of cake, I used marshmallows.

Ingredients:
Large marshmallows (I made 24 because I had two cake pop stands that fit 12 each)
Mini marshmallows (same number as you have large)
Green candy melts
White candy melts
Lollipop sticks

Step 1: Place your large marshmallows on your sticks. I decided to make 24 which was the amount that fit in my cake pop stand.

Step 2: Cut a rectangle in the side of each mini marshmallow, these will be your handles. Set aside until Step 5.

Step 3: Heat up your green candy melts according to the instructions on the bag. I used Wilton Green candy Melts and only needed about half the bag for 24 pops.

Step 4: Dip your large marshmallows into the green melted candy until completely covered. I used a plastic knife to help me spread the candy around to cover the marshmallows. If needed, tap the stick on the side of the bowl to drop excess melted candy off.

Step 5: Stick a handle on each marshmallow while the green candy is still wet so it sticks.

Step 6: Find a way to stand up your pops and wait until the green is completely dry. I used cake pop trays, you could also lay them on wax paper if you don't mind one side being flat.  One minor problem I ran into is when they dried, a few were stuck together because they were touching on the trays. Next time I might stick sheets of wax paper in between to avoid any stickage.

Step 7: Once your pops are completely dry, melt your white candy melts according to the instructions on the package. Again, you only need to use about half the bag. Dip each pop into the melted white candy to give your beer mugs a foamy look. It helps add to the frothy look if the white drips down a little.

Step 8: Let your white part dry and you're all finished. Display them in a vase filled with green candy or individually wrap them in St. Patty's Day themed or plain green, clear or yellow cellophane bags and tie with ribbon to make cute favors.



No comments:

Post a Comment