Tuesday, December 6, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 6

For day 6 of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge, I am sharing an affordable but super cute gift idea. This is a perfect small gift if you're looking to only spend around $10. It's a great idea if you're putting together multiple gifts to hand out to neighbors, co-workers, etc. I originally found this on a site that offered gift ideas for under $2 but I think it'd be tough to make this one for quite that cheap. This was also the only idea I really liked from that site, the rest were pretty dumb but this one was really cute.

Supplies Needed:
Whisk
Handful of Hershey kisses
Cellophane - preferably with a Christmas pattern or winter design
Ribbon
Printable gift tag

The reason I say that I don't believe you can make this for under $2 is because I could not find a whisk at any Dollar Tree's. Looking around, most whisks tend to run $6-10. I ended up getting a set at Target that came with a big one and a mini one so I made two versions!

All you do is take the whisk and fill it with Hershey kisses. You can use plain ones, get the Christmas colored wrappers, or they have candy cane and mint truffle flavored ones which are fun for the holidays. Next you wrap the whisk in cellophane or a cellophane gift bag and tie it up with the ribbon. Curling ribbon looks best. Finally you add a gift tag that reads "We Whisk You A Merry Kissmas." The cute play on words on the gift tag is obviously what makes the gift!



No comments:

Post a Comment