Thursday, December 1, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 1

For the first day of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge I decided to make an advent calendar. There are a lot of fun ideas for advent calendars but one I really liked was to use a cookie sheet and make magnets out of cute Christmas shapes with numbers on them.

Supplies Needed:
Cookie sheet
White Spray Paint
Magnets or magnetic tape
Christmas scrapbook paper
Holiday shaped stickers or di-cuts 
Glue
Calendar template
Sticker Numbers 1-25
Ribbon

To make mine I spray painted a cookie sheet white using primer, then I used Christmas themed scrapbook paper, red and white stripes and polka dots, and glued the paper to the cookie sheet. I then added a Merry Christmas sticker and a foam Santa sticker and Christmas tree for decoration. You could also cut out shapes or use letter stickers to spell out something. I then printed out a blank calendar template and cut out 25 squares from that. Next I took random foam Christmas shapes such as stars, bows, gifts and ornaments and added glittery numbers 1-25 on them. Finally I attached magnet tape to the backs and added a bow at the top and whala: an advent calendar!


Finally I got a mini stocking to keep the numbers in so I can add one at a time each day until Christmas! An advent calendar makes perfect sense for Day 1 of a "25 Days of Christmas" challenge. Stay tuned tomorrow for what's in store for Day 2!

See another fun and simple way to Countdown to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment