Friday, December 23, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 23

For day 23 of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge, I made holiday cocktails for me and my friend. I honestly think you can make any red or green drink a Christmas cocktail if you want but cranberry is also a big holiday flavor so this drink tastes festive as well. Plus if you put it in the right glass with the right decoration whether it be a fun straw, garnish, etc then you've got yourself a holiday drink.

Ingredients needed:
1 cup of apple juice
1 cup of cranberry juice
100 ml vodka
1 cup of ginger ale

The recipe I found for this drink has you blend the apple juice, cranberry juice and vodka in a blender. I guess it gives it a fun frothy look but honestly the look doesn't last long so this may be a pointless step. I tried it because it was my first time but you could honestly just shake it over ice and strain if you don't feel like getting the blender dirty. Then you top it off with ginger ale at the end and pour over ice. I used mason jars because they're cute and fun to drink out of. Then I topped it off with a festive candy cane patterned straw. Whip up a batch at your next holiday party or family gathering, these cocktails are tasty and easy to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment