Saturday, December 24, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 24

For day 24 of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge, I took a stocking stuffer gift I had received and made it more festive. Gary got me three clear candles and holders from Bath and Body Works. I had been wanting to do something with epsom salts for a "snowy" look and these were the perfect opportunity.

Supplies needed:
Tacky spray
Epsom salts
Jar, bottle, vase, candle holder, etc.
Candles
Paper plate

Pour some epsom salts on the paper plate and spray the outside of your candle holder ( or other decorative object) with the tacky spray. Then roll the object in the epsom salts until covered. If there are some blank patches, take a pinch of epsom salts and sprinkle over the spots. The end result is a pretty snowy look. You can display them on their own or make a centerpiece by putting them on a silver tray and adding some ornaments as decoration.










No comments:

Post a Comment