Sunday, December 25, 2011

25 Days of Christmas: Day 25

For the final day of my 25 Days of Christmas challenge, I made a beautiful fruit Christmas tree centerpiece. This beauty was my masterpiece of the season. All you need is a styrofoam cone and toothpicks plus whatever fruit you think would look good. I went with kiwi, green grapes, blackberries, strawberries, melon and Craisins. I used a star cookie cutter to get the star melon on top of the tree. I cut up the rest of the melon as presents under the tree and also used cilantro as a garnish underneath. It's basically a free form project. You just start by putting fruit on and as it gets fuller, you pick which size fruit fits best. Once it started getting full, I started snapping the toothpicks in half to fit better.  The end result makes a beautiful fruit centerpiece for your Christmas dinner table or for a holiday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment