Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4 Days of Red, White & Blue: Day 4

Patriotic Cupcakes

Happy 4th of July! For the final day of my 4 Days of Red, White & Blue, I wanted to make some patriotic cupcakes. There are a lot of different things you can do to make red, white and blue cupcakes, but one of my favorite ideas was to make a flag using blueberries, raspberries and coconut as the toppings. I just used a basic white cake mix and whipped frosting and then topped four with blueberries, made two red lines with raspberries, and one white line with coconut topping. Ideally I would have made a bigger "flag" but it made the most sense to just use 12 cupcakes that fit in a carrying case.


American Flag Cupcakes

For the remaining cupcakes, I just decorated them with red and blue sprinkles. 

Confessions of a Pam Beasley: 4 Days of Red, White & Blue: Day 4

No comments:

Post a Comment