Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4 Days of Red, White & Blue: Day 3

Star Spangled Dip

For day three of my 4 Days of Red, White & Blue, I wanted to try something different. Since I already did drinks and sweets, I thought a nice dip would hit the spot. I found this Cheddar Bacon Dip aka Crack Dip a while ago and have been dying to try it. I had to find a way to make it themed though. Luckily that wasn't hard. First let's start with the dip.

Ingredients:16 oz sour cream
1 packet ranch dressing mix
3 oz bacon bits (bag not jar)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Mix together and refrigerate for 24 hours. Serve with crackers, chips or veggies.

Now the fun part. In order to make it patriotic, I needed some crackers, food coloring and a star shaped cookie cutter.

First take 8 crackers and two zip lock bags. Put 4 crackers in each bag and crush them up. Then add drops of red food coloring to one bag and drops of blue to the other and mesh the coloring into the crackers. Keep adding drops and meshing until you get a desired color. Next place the star cookie cutter on top of the dip and sprinkle the crackers into the cookie cutter. First I did blue, then red, then I made one star combined of what I had left of each color.

The final result is a star spangled dip, perfect for any patriotic themed party whether it be Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc. You can add this red, white & blue star topping to any favorite dip for a patriotic twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment