Monday, July 2, 2012

4 Days of Red, White & Blue: Day 1

Patriotic Margarita

For day one of my 4 Days of Red, White & Blue, I decided to try out a patriotic twist on a classic summer drink. I found a recipe for Patriotic Margaritas on one of my favorite sites: BettyCrocker.com. I added my own twist with some fun themed ice cubes.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
2 tablespoons (1 oz) silver tequila (I used Patron Silver)
2 tablespoons (1 oz) orange flavored liqueur (I used Grand Marnier)
1 tablespoons simple syrup (boiling water & sugar if you have to make it)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Step 1: Wet the rim of your glass with tequila and dip in colored sugar (I used red)
Step 2: Mix all ingredients in a cocktail shaker and pour over ice into margarita glass

*I used blue star ice, to make I added a drop of food coloring to Crystal Light lemonade and poured into star ice cube trays and froze.

The final result was quite tasty and very patriotic! You can also make a blue version by replacing the orange liqueur with Blue Curacao. For that one, I rimmed the glass with blue sugar and made red star ice cubes by freezing cranberry juice in star ice trays.





No comments:

Post a Comment