Monday, July 2, 2012

4 Days of Red, White & Blue: Day 2

red, white & blue strawberries

For day two of my 4 Days of Red, White & Blue, I wanted to try something that I fell in love with shortly after I joined Pinterest. I had to wait a long time until these made sense to make. I could have done them for Memorial Day but I didn't get a chance to make anything for that. These are red, white and blue white chocolate dipped strawberries. Except I used vanilla candy melts instead of white chocolate because I had some.

Ingredients:
Strawberries
White chocolate (or white candy melts)
Blue sugar (or edible blue glitter or sprinkles)

These are super simple and turn out quite pretty. All you do is wash the strawberries, melt the chocolate or candy melts, and dip the strawberries in the melted candy. Make sure to leave some red from the strawberries on top. Then dip in blue sugar or spoon the sugar over the melted candy. I found the best method to dump the sugar between two bowls over the dipped strawberries. Finally lay on wax paper to cool. The result are tasty red, white and blue strawberries!





No comments:

Post a Comment