Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Top Ten: Current Obsessions

Here are some things I am currently obsessed with:

1. These Songs:
"Mama's Broken Heart" - Miranda Lambert
"The Only Way I Know" - Jason Aldean, Luke Bryan and Eric Church
"Better Dig Two" - The Band Perry

All three of these songs are amazing. Enough said.

2. These stores:
Trader Joe's
Wegmans

I've always been in love with Wegmans, I consider it to be the "castle" of grocery stores. I've never lived close enough to one to regularly shop there but it is truly an amazing place.

Trader Joe's is a newer obsession of mine, it is the opposite of Wegmans in the sense that it has a smaller number of items so more obtainable to try as many of their products as possible. Wegmans, while amazing, can also be overwhelming.

3. This Drink:
Dry Soda

I've been obsessed with this brand of soda since I discovered it in Seattle last May. Unfortunately it isn't readily available on the East Coast, mostly at Wegman, however it was sold out the last two times I went. Also, I can only get 2-3 flavors over here and I like them all.

4. These Shows:
The Big Bang Theory
King of the Nerds

The Big Bang Theory has been around for a few seasons but I only recently started watching it. I got the first two seasons on DVD as presents and regularly catch it in syndication on TBS.

5. This cheese:
Laughing Cow Wedges

I love all different kinds of cheeses however these laughing cow wedges are quite fantastic. They go great with all kinds of crackers as well as pretzels.

6. Lavender: The color, the scent and the flavor!

I love the color lavender and have always enjoyed the scent. This past year I also discovered that I rather enjoy the flavor of lavender as well. I tried a lavender infused martini at Ruby Tuesdays and we made lavender cupcakes for my cousin's bridal shower. 

7. This cocktail website:
Hampton Roads Happy Hour

I discovered this website via Pinterest recently. It's actually a directory for local happy hours near Hampton, VA but they have a fantastic cocktail archive with super fun drink recipes.

8. These beauty products:
Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
Sweet Tea Sugar Scrub
Mint Lip Sugar Scrub

The Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream came as a sample in my BirchBox this past month. I love the way it feels on my face and it has a lovely scent. Unfortunately it was only a small sample and mine's all used up. The full size is $42 so a little expensive for me.

I'm not positive on the brand of my Sweet Tea Sugar Scrub. I got it for Christmas from my mom who purchased it at a craft fair. It smells just like sweet tea and I love it. She also got me a cute wooden spoon to scoop out the scrub from the jar that is just adorable and practical.  The Mint Lip Sugar Scrub is the same brand and helps soften your lips. It also tastes wonderful.

9. This beer:
Ballast Point Indra Kanindra

Photo: Obsessed with the flavors in this beer #BallastPoint #IndraKunindra

Some friendly guys at the Hulmeville Inn, my favorite beer bar, let us try this beer the other night. It has fantastic flavors including Indian spices and a hint of coconut.

10. These boots:

Not Rated Amplify Short Boot

I'm just obsessed with boots in general and I'm loving this pair from Buckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment