Friday, January 25, 2013

Chipotle Rubbed Burgers with Smoked Gouda, Apple Smoked Bacon & Avocado on Rye with Baked Garlic Parsley & Lime Potatoes

Photo: #chipotlerub #applebacon #avocado #smokedgouda #rye #burger

Last night I made some delicious chipotle rubbed burgers with smoked Gouda, apple smoked bacon & avocado on rye. I didn't get the recipe from anywhere, just thought of it based on ingredients I had, mostly inspired by my recent Trader Joe's trip.

The chipotle rub is a Pampered Chef mix and tastes absolutely delicious. I used Trader Joe's lean hamburger patties and sprinkled them with the rub on both sides and then cooked them on a George Foreman Grill. I topped them with avocado slices and grilled the tops of the avacodo before adding the smoked gouda cheese which is also from Trader Joe's. Finally I cooked up some Trader Joe's Apple Smoked Bacon and put it all together on toasted rye bread, also Trader Joe's. It all went together nicely for a delicious burger!

The avocado was from a local organic company, Suburban Organics. Along with that, I had 3 potatoes. I wanted to do something with them so I pulled a recipe off of Pinterest and adjusted it slightly.

Photo: #potatoes #vegetablebroth #parsley #butter #limejuice #salt #pepper #garlic

Baked garlic parsley and lime potatoes:

Ingredients:
Cup up potatoes
Veggie broth
Garlic powder
Salt & pepper
Parsley
Lime juice


Step 1: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Peel and chop up potatoes, I used 3 potatoes
Step 3: Mix veggie broth with garlic powder and heat up (I didn't really measure, I just poured some of each in a bowl, mixed and heated up in the microwave)
Step 4: Pour heated veggie garlic broth mix over potatoes in a shallow dish
Step 5: Bake in oven for 30 minutes (I did just about 30 minutes and they had a very slight crunch still, if you like yours softer, bake a little longer)
Step 6: Remove from oven when done, sprinkle with parsley and lime juice and mix.

These turned out quite tasty and were fairly simple to make. I'd definitely make them again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment