Thursday, January 24, 2013

Guess who's back?

I have not made a blog post in quite some time. A while back I was told that I had used up all my photo storage on google. Without thinking, I went and deleted a bunch of pictures. I quickly realized that this meant they were deleted from my blog posts as well. I have gone back and re-added some of the pictures, but my blog is still very incomplete. If you're browsing some of my older stuff, you'll notice many of the pictures are missing. Eventually I will get it all back in order, I just may limit pictures. In the past I have posted multiple pictures for one craft or recipe. I didn't realize I'd eventually get cut off!

I hope that everyone had a great holiday season, I was so busy that I didn't get around to doing a Thanksgiving or Christmas challenge this past year. I sort of started my official challenges with 5 Days of Thanksgiving last year so I failed to complete a second round of any so far. February is always a busy month for holidays so I hope to get back on track. Mardi Gras falls on February 12 this year so I am thinking of combining Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras, doing every other day for each.

I have also recently become obsessed with Trader Joe's. For those who haven't been, it is an awesome store with some unique and tasty items. I first went to one when I was visiting my brother in Washington. I got a few random snack items there that were quite tasty including Dark Chocolate Covered Edamame Beans and Maple Cookies. I didn't go back to another Trader Joe's until December when I was in Richmond, VA with my mom. At that point I got some more snacks such as Dark Chocolate Covered Blueberries, a couple of delicious cheeses: Chocolate Cheddar and Cranberry White Stilton, and Trader Joe's Gummy Bears. Since then I have been wanting to go back and get some real food in addition to snacks. I finally looked up the closest one to me, there is one in Jenkintown, PA, about 30 minutes from me, and one in Princeton, NJ which is about 20 minutes from my work. I decided to go to the Jenkintown one last night and today I have already been enjoying my purchases. I have a new favorite chapstick, Spearmint Lip Balm, and I had a delicious sandwich made of honey wheat bread, herb turkey and smoked gouda cheese. I think I'm going to try and do most of my shopping there from now on and try as many different Trader Joe brand products as I can. I'd like to try the Princeton store next time as the Jenkintown one was one of the smaller ones I have seen. Also, the Princeton one sells wine and beer. Stay tuned for my Trader Joe's blogs along with more fun holiday posts. I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment