Monday, January 28, 2013

Creative Cocktails: TV Edition: New Girl

On New Girl, Nick said this quote:

"Sure, I could get a girl drunk and topless with only some crushed ice, a hollowed out papaya, and two fingers of rum. But then I grew up, and now I only want to make a drink that a coal miner would want. Straightforward, honest. Something that says, "I work in a hole"."

After seeing that episode, I made a note in my phone with those ingredients:

Crushed Ice
Hollowed out papaya
Two fingers of rum

I thought it sounded potentially tasty. We randomly got a papaya during our last Trader Joe's shopping trip and I remembered that I had a drink recipe saved for a hollowed out papaya. I thought it seemed like a good time to try out this drink. I had no idea what kind of rum to use so I chose a light rum. Looking at the recipe, it's basically straight up rum on the rocks in a fancy container. A papaya doesn't have strong flavor to begin with so the little bit left inside the papaya doesn't help the rum too much. If you use a good rum like I did, it still tastes okay, but nothing special. I would recommend using coconut rum or pineapple rum, it would make the drink more girly and taste a little fruitier. Or you can just add a bit of one of those juices to the regular rum.



No comments:

Post a Comment