Thursday, June 14, 2012

Blogalicious

One of my "resolutions" this year was to blog more. I was doing a great job for a while, there are so many holidays in the spring that it was easy and fun doing my "days of" challenges. So recently I haven't had much to say. I sort of missed out on blogging about anything for Memorial Day although I did celebrate. I'm always looking for new and different ideas to keep my blog fresh. During baseball season it can be tough with my hectic schedule. Aside from my Monday Morning Flowers blog series and my monthly Birchbox, I haven't had much to offer the blogging world. I'm inspired by brother's wife Sarah who recently started a blog, For the Hall of it... Her blogs are more like personal updates on her life, but she still makes them interesting and fun. She is currently pregnant so she always has new topics to discuss as her journey to motherhood continues. I have another friend who just got engaged so her blog is all about the life of a bride to be. Unfortunately I'm at a phase in life where things are just the same. I have a lot going on, but it isn't anything new or different. I'm not getting married, I'm not having kids, I'm just living my life. 

I saw the above image on someone's Facebook one day and thought, hey that's me. As I browse my newsfeed, it's filled with pictures of babies, bellies, engagement rings and wedding pictures. I spend my days browsing Pinterest and pinning ideas for those future things, but I'm just not there yet. 

Even though I probably have 10 different weddings planned on my "Marry Me" board, I do pin a lot of things that could be relevant in my life. Recipes, organizing tips, fashion and beauty stuff, etc. I just need to actually start executing some of these things so I can blog about them! So that will be my goal to help spice up my blog again for these lull months between holidays. I'm currently helping plan my cousin's bridal shower but I can't blog about it until it's over so that everything can be a wonderful surprise for her! Stay tuned for that in early July since the shower is end of June. Some other blog series I started that could use some new posts are my Cleaning out the cabinets, Creative Cocktails, and Photo Diary. I also completely failed on my Cooking Through the Months with my Betty Crocker calendar since the only recipe I tried was January's. Ultimately, even though I'm not personally getting married or having any babies, I still have a lot going on in life and just need to continue to keep up with my blog. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out...I check your blog often for updates. Haven't been able to try a lot of your drink recipes this year for obvious reasons but I did try the double crunch honey pork (we did it with chicken).

    ReplyDelete