Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Trend: Beer Cocktails


Beer before liquor? Liquor before beer? Why not them both at the same time!

A while ago I found a recipe for a beer punch in a magazine. Unfortunately I mis-placed the recipe before ever getting the chance to make it. While I'm sure it's around my apartment somewhere, I was fortunate enough to come across a new recipe, Raspberry Beer Cocktail, while exploring my newest obsession: Pinterest. This recipe comes from Southern Living and I thought it'd be the perfect refreshment while I watched my #11 Hokies take on #13 Clemson in a head to head ACC match up.

Recipe: Raspberry Beer Cocktail

3/4 cup of frozen raspberries (can substitute fresh raspberries)
3 1/2 bottles (12 oz) of beer, chilled
1 (12 oz) container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup vodka
Garnish: Lemon and Lime slices

This recipe leaves some choices to the consumer, fresh or frozen raspberries, kind of beer, brand of lemonade and vodka, garnish? I went with Market Pantry frozen red raspberries, Bud Light bottles, Minute Maid raspberry lemonade concentrate and Summom Vodka. For the beer, a light beer just makes the most sense if you're mixing it and Summom is a great new vodka I discovered that's only $10 and blows Smirnoff out of the water. Basically you just mix all of the ingredients together, stir, pour and you're done! You can alter the amounts based on how many people you're serving and how alcoholic you want the drink to be. I ended up only using 3 beers because I was using a smaller pitcher and thought it was pointless to open another beer to only use half and wasn't sure I could fit a full fourth beer in there. Everything else I pretty much followed the given measurements. The results were delicious and very refreshing! I definitely recommend this cocktail for your next tailgate, party, or "home-gate" on your own sofa!

No comments:

Post a Comment