Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Treats

Here is a super easy treat you can make for your next Halloween party! My mom makes these with regular Hershey kisses and red and green m&ms for Christmas. I saw the Halloween version on Pinterest and thought they looked great and I know they're delicious and super easy to make.

Halloween Treats
Ingredients:
Bag of mini pretzels
Bag of Hershey's Hugs (can use kisses too but I think the hugs look better for Halloween)
Bag of candy corn

Step 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees (I did my first batch at this temperature and they got a little over-done, I ended up knocking it down to 300 degrees for the second two batches and that worked better for me)

Step 2: Line a baking sheet with tin foil

Step 3: Lay out mini pretzels on baking sheet, as many as you can fit.

Step 4: Unwrap hugs and place one hug on top of each pretzel


Step 5: Place baking sheet in oven for 2-3 minutes (no longer!), hugs should be shiny

Step 6: Press a candy corn on top of each hug, leave out to cool for hours.

Simple and delicious! Make as many as you would like. I made as many as I could using one bag of Hugs. There are way more pretzels and candy corn in a bag than the hugs. I was able to get the pretzels and candy corn at the dollar store so not only is this delicious and easy, it's cheap too! I had a little trouble finding Hugs (could only find kisses at Walgreens) so they were a little pricey because I got them at Wal-Mart. I think they were $4 and something change but were on sale for $3 something. Make sure to let them cool long enough, if you try to pick them up when they're not completely cool, you'll loose half the hug on the tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment