Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall in Love with Pumpkins 2k12

It's that time of year again, the time when pumpkin everything starts hitting the shelves at stores and the menus at restaurants. To keep up with a tradition I started 2 years ago, I am going to continue to try as many pumpkin things as possible this fall. Check out my Fall in Love with Pumpkins and Fall in Love with Pumpkins 2k11 to see what I've discovered the past couple autumns. I'll try not to repeat so if I tried a Dunkin Donuts pumpkin donut last year, I may have loved it so I get another one, but I'm not going to add it to my 2k12 blog since it's not a new discovery. I've already enjoyed DD Pumpkin Spice iced coffee, a Wawa Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino and a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte, however I believe they are all already on my previous blogs.

Item: Homemade Pumpkin Pancakes
Where to find: Squirrel's Nest in Morrisville, PA

Since the team I work for made the playoffs this year, pumpkins actually overlapped with my season a little. We had to be in early at work to pull the tarp off the field one day but didn't have to be back in until a bit later for actual work. A few of us went to a small diner for breakfast. I was delighted to see homemade pumpkin pancakes on the specials menu and couldn't resist giving them a try. I've had pumpkin pancakes at IHOP before but there's something about having them "homemade" at a little known diner that makes them that much better. If you see pumpkin pancakes at your local diner, I strongly urge you to give them a shot!


Item: Grandma's Special Recipe Pumpkin Spice Cookies
Where to find: 7-11

I ran into 7-11 the other day to grab some last minute items to make dinner when I happened to see these on the shelf. At 99 cents the price was right, plus how could I pass up something pumpkin flavored? I think I remember this brand of cookies from school lunches. Unfortunately these did not live up to the hype. They weren't terrible but I probably wouldn't buy them again. Oh well, you live and you learn!


Item: Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur
Where to find: Total Wine & More, or your local liquor store

Gary got this for me at his store in Cherry Hill. A couple years ago we tried a pumpkin liqueur that was good in mixed drinks. This one is delicious all on it's own. Simply pour over ice and it is truly tasty! It tastes like liquid pumpkin pie which is fantastic. I highly recommend this special treat. It's a great substitute to try in place of Eggnog during the holidays. Especially since not everyone likes Eggnog.


Item: Wild Onion Brewery Pumpkin Ale
Where to find: Hulmeville Inn (or craft beer bars and stores)

I don't usually include pumpkin beers on these posts because I try so many during the fall, I never remember to keep track of which ones I've tried. I just got a sip of this one as it was a friends' but it was quite tasty. It's low in alcohol and easy to drink. I just had to share it though because I'm in love with the can! This would be the perfect addition to any Halloween party. Since this was at a bar, hopefully I can find where to get it by the 6 pack or larger.


Item: Pumpkin Fluff Dip
Where to find: Find the recipe here

This is a recipe I made for my 31 Days of Halloween challenge. It's sweet and tasty and super simple to make!




Item: Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Mix
Where to find: World Market

The only negative to this mix is that it only makes 8 cupcakes, I found that number very random. It is absolutely delicious though. The kit comes with cupcake mix, cream cheese icing mix, sprinkles and decorations.



Item: Maine Root Pumpkin Pie Soda
Where to find: Total Wine & More

This soda was very tasty but also very sweet. It's good in small doses but I can't imagine drinking it too often. I also can't imagine it pairing well with much so it almost makes for a good dessert drink.


Item: Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Where to find: Riverview Dinner Theater (or other restaurants during the fall season)

This bundt cake was quite delicious. It had all the flavors that you want in a pumpkin dessert.


Item: Pumpkin Pancakes
Where to find: IHOP

IHOP obviously does pancakes right and their pumpkin ones are no different. I may have included these in a previous pumpkin blog but they're so good they're worth mentioning again.


Item: Pumpkin Spice Cupcake
Where to find: Stace of Cakes

I made my own pumpkin spice cupcakes using a mix but I also tried one from a local NJ bakery. I wasn't too impressed with theirs. I had some of their other flavors later on which ended up being really good, they just didn't do this one right I guess.


Item: Pumpkin Donuts
Where to find: Dunkin Donuts

Like the IHOP pancakes, I'm pretty sure I posted about these before but they're also super delicious and worth mentioning. I think I almost ate this whole box by myself. 

***This post will be updated during the season as I try new pumpkin things. If you have any recommendations, please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment