Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Second Day of Thanksgiving

On the second day of Thanksgiving, make an affordable centerpiece for your turkey day table. You can get all the supplies you need at the dollar store for a $4 piece of art!

Fall Hurricane Centerpiece

Supplies Needed:
Hurricane vase
Candlestick holder
Candle in a jar
Fall leaves (can get pretty real ones outdoors or buy fake ones)
Hot glue gun

You simply glue the hurricane vase to the candlestick holder. You then place the candle inside the vase. You can glue the candle in there but I prefer not to so you can easily replace the candle with a new one when it burns down.

Once you have your basic centerpiece, you can add colorful fall leaves to make it pretty. My original plan was to find some pretty leaves outside but it is raining and gross out today so I didn't get a chance. I had purchased some fall table confetti that was made of fall colored glittery foam leaves that I decided might work well.

I was pleased with the end result. I might add another bag of the little leaves just to make it look more full. I can also easily remove these leaves and add real ones or something else to change up the look. You can make this centerpiece themed for all occasions by changing up the decoration inside. Have fun and get creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment