Monday, November 21, 2011

The First Day of Thanksgiving

For my "5 Days of Thanksgiving" series, I decided to try and make a recipe I found on tablespoon.com for the first day.

Pumpkin Pie Shooters with Bourbon-Vanilla Whipped Cream


Pumpkin Pie Shooters with Bourbon-Vanilla Whipped Cream


Ingredients: 
  • 2 graham cracker rectangles, crumbled
  • 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/3 cup granulated sugar
Whipped Cream:
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 dash vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tbsp bourbon
  • 1/4 tsp sugar
 Basically you take the melted butter and graham crackers and crumble them up. I made the mistake of buying low fat honey graham crackers, I would recommend buying regular cinnamon ones, I imagine they would taste best here. Next you mix the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and sugar together. You then layer the graham cracker crumble and the pumpkin mix in a shooter glass and put in the fridge. Mix all of the whipped cream ingredients together and either use a mixer or a whisk and fluff until you get a whipped cream consistency. Then top the shooters with the whipped cream and sprinkle some leftover graham cracker crumble on top.

I thought they were tasty but not amazing. I think these are a good substitute for pie after Thanksgiving though because most people are so full after dinner. They also look cute and would be nice to put at each place setting. You could also make more smaller ones by putting them in smaller shooter glasses, I saw some 1.5 oz ones at Party City that might work.


No comments:

Post a Comment